Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Black/White.



















A couple of art pieces for ArtLoveMagic's art book centering around the interpretation of the Divine and the Profane. Kept them pretty simple, but kind of experimental. No inks, just straight pencil and Prisma.

I decided to stay away from angels and demons in these. Never been much for those overused symbols. For me, Divinity is as simple as the complete peace that comes with love. Likewise, Profanity is as simple as the absence of light, and the loneliness that comes with that.

Looking at them now, they're both pretty meditative to me, which fits since they're both subjects that have always intrigued me. I like that the color palettes are a bit different from what typically is thought of when these subjects come into mind. They're somewhat complementary, which fits for me.

-Rob

No comments: